2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 459.81
Venous (peripheral) insufficiency, unspecified
- Short description: Venous insufficiency NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 459.81 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 459.81 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Dermatitis stasis
- Peripheral venous insufficiency
- Stasis dermatitis without varicosities
- Stasis dermatitis wo varicosities
- Stasis ulcer lower extremity
- Stasis ulcer of leg without varicose veins
- Venous stasis
- Venous stasis ulcer of leg, wo varicose veins
- Venous stasis ulceration of lower limb
- Venous ulcer of leg
- Impaired venous blood flow or venous return (venous stasis), usually caused by inadequate venous valves. Venous insufficiency often occurs in the legs, and is associated with edema and sometimes with venous stasis ulcers at the ankle.
- Chronic venous insufficiency NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM I87.2 Venous insufficiency (chronic) (peripheral)