2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 423.2
- Short description: Constrictiv pericarditis.
- ICD-9-CM 423.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 423.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- CONSTRICTIVE PERICARDITIS
- A disorder characterized by a thickened and fibrotic pericardial sac; these fibrotic changes impede normal myocardial function by restricting myocardial muscle action.
- A heart disorder in which the pericardial sac becomes thickened and fibrotic, tightening the myocardium and impeding the normal myocardial function.
- Inflammation of the pericardium that is characterized by the fibrous scarring and adhesion of both serous layers, the visceral pericardium and the parietal pericardium leading to the loss of pericardial cavity. The thickened pericardium severely restricts cardiac filling. Clinical signs include fatigue, muscle wasting, and weight loss.
- Concato's disease
- Pick's disease of heart (and liver)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM I31.1 Chronic constrictive pericarditis