2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 387.9
- Short description: Otosclerosis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 387.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 387.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat otosclerosis
- Bilateral otosclerosis
- Both sides otosclerosis (ear condition)
- Left otosclerosis
- Otosclerosis (ear condition)
- Right otosclerosis
- Formation of spongy bone in the labyrinth capsule which can progress toward the stapes (stapedial fixation) or anteriorly toward the cochlea leading to conductive, sensorineural, or mixed hearing loss. Several genes are associated with familial otosclerosis with varied clinical signs.
- Pathological condition of the bony labyrinth of the ear, in which there is formation of spongy bone; may cause bony ankylosis of the stapes, resulting in conductive hearing loss; cochlear otosclerosis may also develop, resulting in sensorineural hearing loss.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H80.93 Unspecified otosclerosis, bilateral