2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 384.21
Central perforation of tympanic membrane
- Short description: Cent perf tympanic memb.
- ICD-9-CM 384.21 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 384.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat central perforation of eardrum
- Bilateral central perforations of tympanic membranes
- Both sides central perforation of eardrum
- Central perforation of eardrum
- Left central perforation of eardrum
- Left central perforation of tympanic membran
- Left central perforation of tympanic membrane (disorder)
- Right central perforation of eardrum
- Right central perforation of tympanic membrane
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H72.00 Central perforation of tympanic membrane, unspecified ear
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 384.21
- Perforation, perforative (nontraumatic)
- tympanum (membrane) (persistent posttraumatic) (postinflammatory) 384.20