2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 375.15
Tear film insufficiency, unspecified
- Short description: Tear film insuffic NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 375.15 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 375.15 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat dry eye syndrome
- Bilateral dry eye syndrome
- Dry eye syndrome
- Dry eye syndrome, both eyes
- L dry eye syndrome
- Left dry eye syndrome
- R dry eye syndrome
- Right dry eye syndrome
- Tear film insufficiency
- A disorder characterized by dryness of the cornea and conjunctiva.
- A syndrome characterized by dryness of the cornea and conjunctiva. It is usually caused by a deficiency in tear production. Symptoms include a feeling of burning eyes and a possible foreign body presence in the eye.
- Corneal and conjunctival dryness due to deficient tear production, predominantly in menopausal and post-menopausal women. Filamentary keratitis or erosion of the conjunctival and corneal epithelium may be caused by these disorders. Sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the eye and burning of the eyes may occur.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H04.129 Dry eye syndrome of unspecified lacrimal gland