2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 362.20
Retinopathy of prematurity, unspecified
- Short description: Retinoph prematurity NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 362.20 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 362.20 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat retinopathy of prematurity
- Bilateral retinopathy of prematurity
- L retinopathy of prematurity
- Left retinopathy of prematurity
- R retinopathy of prematurity
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Retinopathy of prematurity, both eyes
- Right retinopathy of prematurity
- Bilateral retinopathy typically occurring in premature infants treated with high concentrations of oxygen; characterized by vascular dilation, proliferation, and tortuosity, edema, and retinal detachment with ultimate conversion of the retina into a fibrous mass; usually growth of the eye is arrested and may result in microophthalmia; blindness may occur.
- Retinopathy of prematurity NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H35.109 Retinopathy of prematurity, unspecified, unspecified eye
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 362.20
- Retinopathy (background) 362.10
- of prematurity 362.20