2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 360.9
Unspecified disorder of globe
- Short description: Disorder of globe NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 360.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 360.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Any deviation from the normal structure or function of the eye that is manifested by a characteristic set of symptoms and signs.
- Any deviation from the normal structure or function of the eye that is manifested by a characteristic set of symptoms and signs. (nci)
- Diseases affecting the eye.
- Diseases or defects of the eye. Use vision disorders for other pathology involving visual neural pathways.
- Impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning of the organ of sight.
- Some eye problems are minor and fleeting. But some lead to a permanent loss of vision. Common eye problems include
your best defense is to have regular checkups, because eye diseases do not always have symptoms. Early detection and treatment could prevent vision loss. See an eye care professional right away if you have a sudden change in vision or everything looks dim or if you see flashes of light. Other symptoms that need quick attention are pain, double vision, fluid coming from the eye and inflammation. nih: national eye institute
- cataracts - clouded lenses
- glaucoma - damage to the optic nerve from too much pressure in the eye
- retinal disorders - problems with the nerve layer at the back of the eye
- conjunctivitis - an infection also known as pinkeye
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H44.9 Unspecified disorder of globe
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 360.9
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- eyeball 360.9
- Disorder - see also Disease
- globe 360.9