2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 359.71
Inclusion body myositis
- ICD-9-CM 359.71 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 359.71 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- An acquired or hereditary chronic inflammatory disorder of the muscles characterized by the morphologic finding of vacuoles and filamentous inclusions in the muscle tissues.
- Progressive myopathies characterized by the presence of inclusion bodies on muscle biopsy. Sporadic and hereditary forms have been described. The sporadic form is an acquired, adult-onset inflammatory vacuolar myopathy affecting proximal and distal muscles. Familial forms usually begin in childhood and lack inflammatory changes. Both forms feature intracytoplasmic and intranuclear inclusions in muscle tissue. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1409-10)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G72.41 Inclusion body myositis [IBM]
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 359.71
- IBM (inclusion body myositis) 359.71
- Myositis 729.1
- inclusion body (IBM) 359.71