2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 357.5
- ICD-9-CM 357.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 357.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Alcohol induced polyneuropathy
- Neuropathy, alcoholic
- A condition where damage to the peripheral nervous system (including the peripheral elements of the autonomic nervous system) is associated with chronic ingestion of alcoholic beverages. The disorder may be caused by a direct effect of alcohol, an associated nutritional deficiency, or a combination of factors. Clinical manifestations include variable degrees of weakness; atrophy; paresthesias; pain; loss of reflexes; sensory loss; diaphoresis; and postural hypotension. (from arch neurol 1995;52(1):45-51; Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1146)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G62.1 Alcoholic polyneuropathy