2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 353.6
Phantom limb (syndrome)
- ICD-9-CM 353.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 353.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Phantom limb pain
- Phantom limb syndrome (disorder)
- Phantom limb syndrome w pain
- Phantom limb syndrome with pain
- Phantom limb syndrome without pain
- Phantom limb syndrome wo pain
- Perception of painful and nonpainful phantom sensations that occur following the complete or partial loss of a limb. The majority of individuals with an amputated extremity will experience the impression that the limb is still present, and in many cases, painful. (from neurol clin 1998 nov;16(4):919-36; brain 1998 sep;121(pt 9):1603-30)
- The sensation of pain or other unpleasant feelings in the place of a missing (phantom) limb.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G54.6 Phantom limb syndrome with pain
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G54.7 Phantom limb syndrome without pain
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 353.6
- Phantom limb (syndrome) 353.6
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- phantom limb 353.6