2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 348.31
- ICD-9-CM 348.31 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 348.31 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Encephalopathy, metabolic
- Acquired or inborn metabolic diseases that produce brain dysfunction or damage. These include primary (i.e., disorders intrinsic to the brain) and secondary (i.e., extracranial) metabolic conditions that adversely affect cerebral function.
- toxic metabolic encephalopathy (349.82)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G93.41 Metabolic encephalopathy
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 348.31
- Encephalopathy (acute) 348.30
- metabolic (see also Delirium) 348.31
- septic 348.31