2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 337.21
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy of the upper limb
- Short description: Rflx sym dystrph up limb.
- ICD-9-CM 337.21 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 337.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Algodystrophy of hand (disorder)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) Type 1, L arm
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) Type 1, R arm
- Complex regional pain syndrome type 1 of left arm (disorder)
- Complex regional pain syndrome type 1 of right arm (disorder)
- Complex regional pain syndrome Type 1, hand
- Complex regional pain syndrome Type 1, L arm
- Complex regional pain syndrome Type 1, R arm
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), hand
- A rare neurologic syndrome characterized by burning pain, tenderness, swelling, and changes in the skin color and temperature of a body part or extremity. It is usually caused by injury or surgery.
- A syndrome characterized by severe burning pain in an extremity accompanied by sudomotor, vasomotor, and trophic changes in bone without an associated specific nerve injury. This condition is most often precipitated by trauma to soft tissue or nerve complexes. The skin over the affected region is usually erythematous and demonstrates hypersensitivity to tactile stimuli and erythema. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1360; pain 1995 oct;63(1):127-33)
- Complex regional pain syndrome type I of the upper limb
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G90.519 Complex regional pain syndrome I of unspecified upper limb