2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 327.51
Periodic limb movement disorder
- Short description: Periodic limb movement.
- ICD-9-CM 327.51 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 327.51 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Excessive periodic leg movements during sleep that cause micro-arousals and interfere with the maintenance of sleep. This condition induces a state of relative sleep deprivation which manifests as excessive daytime hypersomnolence. The movements are characterized by repetitive contractions of the tibialis anterior muscle, extension of the toe, and intermittent flexion of the hip, knee and ankle. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p387)
- Periodic limb movement sleep disorder
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G47.61 Periodic limb movement disorder