2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 327.23
Obstructive sleep apnea (adult)(pediatric)
- Short description: Obstructive sleep apnea.
- ICD-9-CM 327.23 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 327.23 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Acute hypercapnic respiratory failure due to obstructive sleep apnea
- Acute hypercarbic respiratory failure secondary to obstuctive sleep apnea
- Acute respiratory failure from obstuctive sleep apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea of adult
- Obstructive sleep apnea of child
- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
- Obstructive sleep apnea, adult
- Obstructive sleep apnea, pediatric
- A disorder characterized by recurrent apneas during sleep despite persistent respiratory efforts. It is due to upper airway obstruction. The respiratory pauses may induce hypercapnia or hypoxia. Cardiac arrhythmias and elevation of systemic and pulmonary arterial pressures may occur. Frequent partial arousals occur throughout sleep, resulting in relative sleep deprivation and daytime tiredness. Associated conditions include obesity; acromegaly; myxedema; micrognathia; myotonic dystrophy; adenotonsilar dystrophy; and neuromuscular diseases. (from Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p395)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G47.33 Obstructive sleep apnea (adult) (pediatric)