2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 307.81
- ICD-9-CM 307.81 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 307.81 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Headache, psychogenic
- Headache, tension
- Intractable tension headache (disorder)
- Psychogenic headache
- Tension headache, intractable
- Tension-type headache
- A common primary headache disorder, characterized by a dull, non-pulsatile, diffuse, band-like (or vice-like) pain of mild to moderate intensity in the head; scalp; or neck. The subtypes are classified by frequency and severity of symptoms. There is no clear cause even though it has been associated with muscle contraction and stress. (international classification of headache disorders, 2nd ed. Cephalalgia 2004: suppl 1)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G44.209 Tension-type headache, unspecified, not intractable