2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 307.51
- ICD-9-CM 307.51 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 307.51 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- An eating disorder that is characterized by a cycle of binge eating (bulimia or bingeing) followed by inappropriate acts (purging) to avert weight gain. Purging methods often include self-induced vomiting, use of laxatives or diuretics, excessive exercise, and fasting.
- Eating disorder that involves eating massive quantities of food (binge eating) and then eliminating the food by inappropriate compensatory methods to prevent weight gain, such as self induced vomiting or strong laxatives.
- Overeating of nonorganic origin
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F50.2 Bulimia nervosa