2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 294.21
Dementia, unspecified, with behavioral disturbance
- Short description: Demen NOS w behav distrb.
- ICD-9-CM 294.21 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 294.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Dementia w behavioral disturbance
- Dementia with behavioral disturbance
- Aggressive behavior
- Combative behavior
- Violent behavior
- Use additional code, where applicable, to identify:
wandering in conditions classified elsewhere (V40.31)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F03.91 Unspecified dementia with behavioral disturbance
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 294.21
- Dementia 294.20
- with behavioral disturbance (aggressive) (combative) (violent) 294.21