2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 290.4
- There are 4 ICD-9-CM codes below 290.4 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A degenerative vascular disorder affecting the brain. It is caused by the blockage of the blood supply to the brain. It is manifested with decline of memory and cognitive functions.
- An imprecise term referring to dementia associated with cerebrovascular disorders, including cerebral infarction (single or multiple), and conditions associated with chronic brain ischemia. Diffuse, cortical, and subcortical subtypes have been described. (from gerontol geriatr 1998 feb;31(1):36-44)
- Dementia, due to significant cerebrovascular disease, with a stepwise deteriorating course and a 'patchy' distribution of neurologic deficits.
- suspected cases with no clear evidence of arteriosclerosis (290.9)
- Multi-infarct dementia or psychosis
- Use additional code to identify cerebral atherosclerosis (437.0)