2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 289.50
Disease of spleen, unspecified
- Short description: Spleen disease NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 289.50 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 289.50 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Disorder of spleen
- Lesion, spleen
- Spleen disease
- Splenic disease
- Splenic lesion
- Condition in which there is a deviation from or interruption of the normal structure or function of the spleen.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D73.9 Disease of spleen, unspecified
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 289.50
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- spleen (organic) (postinfectional) 289.50
- spleen 289.50
- Splenopathy 289.50