2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 280.9
Iron deficiency anemia, unspecified
- Short description: Iron defic anemia NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 280.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 280.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Anemia, iron deficiency
- Anemia, microcytic
- Anemia, microcytic, hypochromic
- Anemia, microcytic, normochromic
- Anemia, normocytic, hypochromic
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia of pregnancy
- Maternal anemia, iron deficiency, antepartum
- Maternal anemia, iron deficiency, before birth
- Microcytic anemia
- Microcytic hypochromic anemia
- Microcytic normochromic anemia
- Normocytic hypochromic anemia
- Anemia caused by low iron intake, inefficient iron absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, or chronic blood loss.
- Anemia characterized by decreased or absent iron stores, low serum iron concentration, low transferrin saturation, and low hemoglobin concentration or hematocrit value. The erythrocytes are hypochromic and microcytic and the iron binding capacity is increased.
- idiopathic hypochromic
- iron [Fe] deficiency NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D50.9 Iron deficiency anemia, unspecified