2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 280.0
Iron deficiency anemia secondary to blood loss (chronic)
- Short description: Chr blood loss anemia.
- ICD-9-CM 280.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 280.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Anemia due to blood loss
- Anemia due to chronic blood loss
- Anemia, blood loss
- Anemia, chronic blood loss
- acute posthemorrhagic anemia (285.1)
- Normocytic anemia due to blood loss
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D50.0 Iron deficiency anemia secondary to blood loss (chronic)