2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 280.0
Iron deficiency anemia secondary to blood loss (chronic)
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Chr blood loss anemia.
- ICD-9-CM 280.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 280.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 280.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 280.0: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM D50.0 Iron deficiency anemia secondary to blood loss (chronic)
- Anemia due to blood loss
- Anemia due to chronic blood loss
- Anemia, blood loss
- Anemia, chronic blood loss
- acute posthemorrhagic anemia (285.1)
- Normocytic anemia due to blood loss