2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 277.31
Familial Mediterranean fever
- Short description: Fam Mediterranean fever.
- ICD-9-CM 277.31 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 277.31 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Familial mediterranean fever
- A group of hereditary autoinflammation diseases, characterized by recurrent fever, abdominal pain, headache, rash, pleurisy; and arthritis. Orchitis; benign meningitis; and amyloidosis may also occur. Homozygous or compound heterozygous mutations in marenostrin gene result in autosomal recessive transmission; simple heterozygous, autosomal dominant form of the disease.
- A usually autosomal recessive inherited inflammatory disorder caused by mutations in the mefv gene. It is characterized by recurrent painful inflammatory attacks in the abdomen, joints, and chest. The inflammatory attacks are associated with fever.
- Benign paroxysmal peritonitis
- Hereditary amyloid nephropathy
- Periodic familial polyserositis
- Recurrent polyserositis
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM E85.0 Non-neuropathic heredofamilial amyloidosis