2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 262
Other severe protein-calorie malnutrition
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Oth severe malnutrition.
- ICD-9-CM 262 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 262 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 262.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 262: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E43 Unspecified severe protein-calorie malnutrition
- Edema due to nutritional deficiency
- Malnutrition-related diabetes mellitus with ketoacidosis
- Malnutrition-related diabetes mellitus with multiple complications
- Malnutrition-related diabetes mellitus with peripheral circulatory complications
- Malnutrition-related diabetes mellitus with renal complications
- Nutritional edema
- Nutritional edema without dyspigmentation of skin AND/OR hair
- Protein calorie malnutrition, severe
- Severe protein calorie malnutrition
- Severe protein-calorie malnutrition
- Severe protein-calorie malnutrition (Gomez: less than 60% of standard weight)
- Nutritional edema without mention of dyspigmentation of skin and hair