2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 249.11
Secondary diabetes mellitus with ketoacidosis, uncontrolled
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Sec DM ketoacd uncntrld.
- ICD-9-CM 249.11 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 249.11 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 249.11.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 249.11: 2015.
can be converted using the following scenario:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E08.10 Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with ketoacidosis without coma
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E09.10 Drug or chemical induced diabetes mellitus with ketoacidosis without coma
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E08.65 Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with hyperglycemia