2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 245.2
Chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis
- Short description: Chr lymphocyt thyroidit.
- ICD-9-CM 245.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 245.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Autoimmune thyroiditis
- Fibrous autoimmune thyroiditis
- Hashimoto thyroiditis
- Thyroiditis (inflammation of thyroid), hashimotos
- Thyroiditis, autoimmune
- Thyroiditis, fibrous autoimmune
- Thyroiditis, hashimotos
- An autoimmune condition of the thyroid gland (a gland located beneath the larynx). It is caused by the formation of antibodies that attack the thyroid gland and it usually causes hypothyroidism (too little thyroid hormone). Symptoms include fatigue, weight gain, constipation, dry skin, depression, and the inability to exercise. It is more common in females and can run in families.
- An autoimmune disorder caused by the production of autoantibodies against thyroid tissue. There is progressive destruction of the thyroid follicles leading to hypothyroidism.
- Chronic autoimmune thyroiditis, characterized by the presence of high serum thyroid autoantibodies; goiter; and hypothyroidism.
- Diffuse infiltration of the thyroid gland with lymphocytes, resulting in diffuse goiter, progressive destruction of the parenchyma and hypothyroidism.
- Progressive enlargement of the thyroid gland, often associated with hypothyroidism.
- Hashimoto's disease
- Struma lymphomatosa
- lymphocytic (chronic)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM E06.3 Autoimmune thyroiditis