2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 225.2
Benign neoplasm of cerebral meninges
- Short description: Ben neo cerebr meninges.
- ICD-9-CM 225.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 225.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Benign neoplasm meninges, cerebral
- Benign neoplasm of meninges
- Benign neoplasm, cerebral meninges
- Intracranial meningioma
- Meningioma of brain
- Meningioma, brain
- (meh-nin-jee-o-ma) a type of tumor that occurs in the meninges, the membranes that cover and protect the brain and spinal cord. Meningiomas usually grow slowly.
- A benign tumor occurring in the meninges, which surround the brain and spinal cord. The most common are meningiomas.
- A generally slow growing tumor attached to the dura mater. It is composed of neoplastic meningothelial (arachnoidal) cells. It typically occurs in adults, often women and it has a wide range of histopathological appearances. Of the various subtypes, meningothelial, fibrous and transitional meningiomas are the most common. Most meningiomas are who grade i tumors, and some are who grade ii or iii tumors. Most subtypes share a common clinical behavior, although some subtypes are more likely to recur and follow a more aggressive clinical course. (adapted from who.)
- Relatively common neoplasm of the central nervous system that arises from arachnoidal cells; the majority are well differentiated vascular tumors which grow slowly and have a low potential to be invasive, although malignant subtypes occur; they have a predilection to arise from the parasagittal region, cerebral convexity, sphenoidal ridge, olfactory groove, and spinal canal.
- Meninges NOS
- Meningioma (cerebral)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D32.0 Benign neoplasm of cerebral meninges
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D32.9 Benign neoplasm of meninges, unspecified