2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 191.6
Malignant neoplasm of cerebellum nos
- Short description: Mal neo cerebellum NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 191.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 191.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Cancer of the brain, cerebellum, medulloblastoma
- Cancer of the cerebellum
- Cancer of the cerebellum, glioma
- Cerebellar cancer
- Malignant glioma of cerebellum
- Malignant glioma, cerebellum
- Medulloblastoma of cerebellum
- Medulloblastoma, cerebellum
- Primary malignant neoplasm of cerebellum
- Primary and secondary (metastatic) malignant tumors that occur in the cerebellum. Histologic types include medulloblastomas, high grade (who stage iii or iv) cerebellar astrocytomas, lymphomas, gangliogliomas, gliosarcomas, and several other subtypes. The most frequent malignant cerebellar neoplasm of childhood is medulloblastoma. In adults, metastases from other sites are relatively common. Clinical features include ataxia, headache, nausea, dizzyness, nystagmus, diplopia, papilledema, etc.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM C71.6 Malignant neoplasm of cerebellum