2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 164.0
Malignant neoplasm of thymus
- Short description: Malignant neopl thymus.
- ICD-9-CM 164.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 164.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Cancer of the thymus
- Cancer of the thymus, small cell
- Cancer of the thymus, squamous cell
- Cancer of the thymus, thymoma
- Malignant thymoma
- Primary malignant neoplasm of thymus
- Primary small cell neoplasm of thymus
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of thymus
- Small cell carcinoma, thymus
- Squamous cell carcinoma, thymus
- Thymus cancer
- Primary or metastatic malignant neoplasm involving the thymus. This category includes malignant thymomas, thymic lymphomas, primary thymic carcinomas, and metastatic carcinomas from other anatomic sites.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM C37 Malignant neoplasm of thymus
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 164.0
- Carcinoma (M8010/3) - see also Neoplasm, by site, malignant
- thymic (M8580/3) 164.0
- Thymoma (benign) (M8580/0) 212.6
- malignant (M8580/3) 164.0