2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 156.1
Malignant neoplasm of extrahepatic bile ducts
- Short description: Mal neo extrahepat ducts.
- ICD-9-CM 156.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 156.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Adenocarcinoma, extrahepatic bile duct
- Cancer of bile duct, extrahepatic, adenocarcinoma
- Cancer of the bile duct, extrahepatic
- Carcinoma of extrahepatic bile duct
- Extrahepatic bile duct cancer
- Malignant tumor of extrahepatic bile duct
- A malignant tumor involving the extrahepatic bile duct.
- A primary or metastatic malignant neoplasm that affects the extrahepatic bile ducts. Representative examples include carcinoma and sarcoma.
- Biliary duct or passage
- Common bile duct
- Cystic duct
- Hepatic duct
- Sphincter of Oddi
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM C24.0 Malignant neoplasm of extrahepatic bile duct