2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 123.3
- Short description: Taeniasis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 123.3 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 123.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Infection by Taenia
- Taenia infection
- A parasitic infection caused by tapeworms of the genus taenia. Humans are infected by eating undercooked or raw meat of infected animals. It is usually an asymptomatic infection and patients may become aware of the infection by noticing segments of the tapeworm in their feces. If symptoms are present, they include nausea, abdominal pain, indigestion, constipation, or diarrhea.
- Infection with tapeworms of the genus taenia.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM B68.9 Taeniasis, unspecified