2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 112.0
Candidiasis of mouth
- Short description: Thrush.
- ICD-9-CM 112.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 112.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Candida of mouth
- Candida of oropharynx
- Candida of tongue
- Candidiasis of mouth and esophagus
- Candidiasis of oropharynx
- Candidiasis of tongue
- A condition in which candida albicans, a type of yeast, grows out of control in moist skin areas of the body. It is usually a result of a weakened immune system, but can be a side effect of chemotherapy or treatment with antibiotics. Thrush usually affects the mouth (oral thrush); however, rarely, it spreads throughout the entire body. Also called candidiasis or candidosis.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM B37.0 Candidal stomatitis
- 2014 ICD-10-CM B37.83 Candidal cheilitis