2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 081.9
- Short description: Typhus NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 081.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 081.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Typhus fever
- Typhus group rickettsial disease
- Group of acute, arthropod borne infections caused by rickettsiae; includes epidemic (classic or louse-borne) typhus, its recrudescent form, and murine (endemic or flea-borne) typhus; all are characterized by severe headache, chills, high fever, stupor, and rash.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM A75.9 Typhus fever, unspecified