2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 072.9
Mumps without mention of complication
- Short description: Mumps uncomplicated.
- ICD-9-CM 072.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 072.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Acute, inflammatory, contagious disease caused by rubulavirus and characterized by swelling of the salivary glands, especially the parotids, and sometimes of the pancreas, ovaries, or testes; spread by direct contact, airborne droplet nuclei, fomites contaminated by infectious saliva, and perhaps urine.
- Epidemic parotitis
- Infectious parotitis
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM B26.9 Mumps without complication