2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 062.1
Western equine encephalitis
- Short description: West equine encephalitis.
- ICD-9-CM 062.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 062.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Form of arboviral encephalitis which primarily affects horses, endemic to western and central north america; the virus may be transferred to humans via mosquito bite; clinical manifestations include headache and influenza-like symptoms followed by alterations in mentation, seizures and coma; survivors may be left with residual neurologic dysfunction.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM A83.1 Western equine encephalitis