2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 052.9
Varicella without mention of complication
- Short description: Varicella uncomplicated.
- ICD-9-CM 052.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 052.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Highly contagious infectious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (herpesvirus 3); usually affects children, is spread by direct contact or respiratory route via droplet nuclei, and is characterized by the appearance on the skin and mucous membranes of successive crops of typical pruritic vesicular lesions that are easily broken and become scabbed; chickenpox is relatively benign in children, but may be complicated by pneumonia and encephalitis in adults.
- Chickenpox NOS
- Varicella NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM B01.9 Varicella without complication