2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 046.79
Other and unspecified prion disease of central nervous system
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Prion dis of CNS NEC/NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 046.79 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 046.79 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 046.79.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 046.79: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM A81.89 Other atypical virus infections of central nervous system
- Prion disease
- Prion disease of central nervous system
- Prion disease of CNS
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 046.79
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- nervous system (central) 349.9
- autonomic, peripheral (see also Neuropathy, peripheral, autonomic) 337.9
- congenital 742.9
- inflammatory - see Encephalitis
- parasympathetic (see also Neuropathy, peripheral, autonomic) 337.9
- peripheral NEC 355.9
- prion NEC 046.79
- specified NEC 349.89
- sympathetic (see also Neuropathy, peripheral, autonomic) 337.9
- vegetative (see also Neuropathy, peripheral, autonomic) 337.9