2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E923.0
Accident caused by fireworks
- Short description: Fireworks accident.
- ICD-9-CM E923.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E923.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E923.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM E923.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E923.0: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM W39.XXXA Discharge of firework, initial encounter