2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E819.9
Motor vehicle traffic accident of unspecified nature injuring unspecified person
- Short description: Traffic acc NOS-pers NOS.
- ICD-9-CM E819.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E819.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E819.9 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM E819.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E819.9: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM V89.2XXA Person injured in unspecified motor-vehicle accident, traffic, initial encounter
- Cause of injury, motor vehicle accident
- Cause of injury, MVA
- Motor vehicle accident
- Motor vehicle accident (event)