2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 996.4
Mechanical complication of internal orthopedic device implant and graft
- There are 9 ICD-9-CM codes below 996.4 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 996.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 996.4: 2014 2015.
- complications of external orthopedic device, such as:
- Mechanical complications involving:
- external (fixation) device utilizing internal screw(s), pin(s) or other methods of fixation
- grafts of bone, cartilage, muscle, or tendon
- internal (fixation) device such as nail, plate, rod, etc.