Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Injury And Poisoning 800-999 > Toxic Effects Of Substances Chiefly Nonmedicinal As To Source 980-989 > Toxic effect of noxious substances eaten as food 988-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 988.1
Toxic effect of mushrooms eaten as food
- Short description: Toxic effect mushrooms.
- ICD-9-CM 988.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 988.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 988.1: 2014.
- Toxic effect from eating mushrooms
- Toxic effect of ingested mushroom
- Toxic effect of mushroom
Convert to ICD-10-CM
Convert to ICD-10-CM: 988.1 converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T62.0X1A Toxic effect of ingested mushrooms, accidental (unintentional), initial encounterOr:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T62.0X2A Toxic effect of ingested mushrooms, intentional self-harm, initial encounterOr:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T62.0X3A Toxic effect of ingested mushrooms, assault, initial encounterOr:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T62.0X4A Toxic effect of ingested mushrooms, undetermined, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 988.1:
- Mycetismus 988.1
- Poisoning (acute) - see also Table of Drugs and Chemicals
- death-cap (Amanita phalloides) (Amanita verna) 988.1
- food (acute) (bacterial) (diseased) (infected) NEC 005.9
- due to
- Clostridium 005.3
- Salmonella (aertrycke) (callinarum) (choleraesuis) (enteritidis) (paratyphi) (suipestifer) 003.9
- specified bacterium NEC 005.89
- Staphylococcus 005.0
- Streptococcus 005.89
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus 005.4
- Vibrio vulnificus 005.81
- noxious or naturally toxic 988.0
- due to
- mushroom (noxious) 988.1
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 988.1 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.