Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Injury And Poisoning 800-999 > Injury To Nerves And Spinal Cord 950-957 > Spinal cord injury without evidence of spinal bone injury 952-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 952.08
C5-C7 level with central cord syndrome
- Short description: Central cord synd/c5-c7.
- ICD-9-CM 952.08 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 952.08.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 952.08: 2014.
- Central cervical cord injury, without spinal bony injury, C5-7
- Central cord syndrome
- Central cord syndrome at C5 level
- Central cord syndrome at C6 level
- Central cord syndrome at C7 level
- Injury at C5-C7 level with central cord syndrome AND without bone injury
- Spinal cord injury C5 level, central cord syndrome
- Spinal cord injury C6 level, central cord syndrome
- Spinal cord injury C7 level, central cord syndrome
Convert to ICD-10-CM
Convert to ICD-10-CM: 952.08 converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S14.125A Central cord syndrome at C5 level of cervical spinal cord, initial encounterOr:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S14.126A Central cord syndrome at C6 level of cervical spinal cord, initial encounterOr:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S14.127A Central cord syndrome at C7 level of cervical spinal cord, initial encounterOr:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S14.128A Central cord syndrome at C8 level of cervical spinal cord, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 952.08:
- Injury 959.9
- spinal (cord) 952.9
- with fracture, vertebra - see Fracture, vertebra, by site, with spinal cord injury
- cervical (C1-C4) 952.00
- C5-C7 level 952.05
- specified type NEC 952.04
- dorsal (D1-D6) (T1-T6) (thoracic) 952.10
- D7-D12 level (T7-T12) 952.15
- specified type NEC 952.14
- lumbar 952.2
- multiple sites 952.8
- nerve (root) NEC - see Injury, nerve, spinal, root
- plexus 953.9
- sacral 952.3
- thoracic (see also Injury, spinal, dorsal) 952.10
- spinal (cord) 952.9
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 952.08 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.