Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Symptoms, Signs, And Ill-Defined Conditions 780-799 > Symptoms 780-789 > Symptoms involving digestive system 787-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 787.01
Nausea with vomiting
- ICD-9-CM 787.01 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 787.01.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 787.01: 2014.
- Expelling the contents of the stomach and the sensations associated with it. They are symptoms of an underlying disease or condition and not a specific illness.
- Nausea is an uneasy or unsettled feeling in the stomach together with an urge to vomit. Nausea and vomiting, or throwing up, are not diseases. They can be symptoms of many different conditions. These include morning sickness during pregnancy, infections, migraine headaches, motion sickness, food poisoning, cancer chemotherapy or other medicines. For vomiting in children and adults, avoid solid foods until vomiting has stopped for at least six hours. Then work back to a normal diet. Drink small amounts of clear liquids to avoid dehydration.nausea and vomiting are common. Usually, they are not serious. You should see a doctor immediately if you suspect poisoning or if you have
- vomited for longer than 24 hours
- blood in the vomit
- severe abdominal pain
- headache and stiff neck
- signs of dehydration, such as dry mouth, infrequent urination or dark urine
- Intractable nausea and vomiting
- Nausea and vomiting
- Nausea and vomiting, intractable
- Nausea and vomiting, postop
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Postoperative nasuea and vomiting
- Postoperative nausea and vomiting
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 787.01:
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 787.01 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.