2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 784.69
Other symbolic dysfunction
- loss of the ability to distinguish the significance of stimuli; may be auditory, visual, olfactory, tactile, or gustatory.
- Inability to recognize, understand, or interpret sensory stimuli in the absence of sensory defects. Also, the selective loss of knowledge of specific objects due to emotional disturbance, as seen in schizophrenia, hysteria, or depression.
- Inability to write (letters, syllables, words, or phrases) due to an injury to a specific cerebral area or occasionally due to emotional factors.
- loss of ability to perform familiar, purposeful movements in the absence of paralysis or other neural sensorimotor impairment.
- Inability to execute complex coordinated movements resulting from lesions in the motor area of the cortex but involving no sensory impairment or paralysis.
- Form of aphasia involving impaired ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- ICD-9-CM 784.69 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
784.69 Alternative Terminology
Convert 784.69 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 784.69: