2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 771.81
Septicemia [sepsis] of newborn
- Short description: NB septicemia [sepsis].
- ICD-9-CM 771.81 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 771.81 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 771.81.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 771.81: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM P36.9 Bacterial sepsis of newborn, unspecified
- Sepsis of newborn due to goup B Streptococcus
- Sepsis of newborn due to group B Streptococcus
- Sepsis of newborn due to Strep group b
- Use additional code to identify severe sepsis (995.92) and any associated acute organ dysfunction, if applicable