2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.20
Ventral, unspecified, hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene
- Short description: Ventral hernia NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 553.20 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 553.20 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 553.20.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.20: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K43.9 Ventral hernia without obstruction or gangrene
- Hernia of anterior abdominal wall
- Ventral hernia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 553.20
- Hernia, hernial (acquired) (recurrent) 553.9
- ventral 553.20