2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.03
Femoral hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene, bilateral,recurrent
- Short description: Recur bilat femoral hern.
- ICD-9-CM 553.03 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 553.03 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 553.03.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.03: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K41.21 Bilateral femoral hernia, without obstruction or gangrene, recurrent
- Bilat recurrent femoral hernia
- Bilateral recurent femoral hernias
- Both sides recurrent femoral hernias
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 553.03
- Hernia, hernial (acquired) (recurrent) 553.9