2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.01
Femoral hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene, unilateral or unspecified, recurrent
- Short description: Recur unil femoral hern.
- ICD-9-CM 553.01 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 553.01 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 553.01.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.01: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K41.91 Unilateral femoral hernia, without obstruction or gangrene, recurrent
- Femoral hernia, unilateral, recurrent
- Left recurrent femoral hernia
- Recurrent femoral hernia
- Recurrent femoral hernia without obstruction AND without gangrene
- Right recurrent femoral hernia