2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 493.22
Chronic obstructive asthma with (acute) exacerbation
- Short description: Ch obst asth w (ac) exac.
- ICD-9-CM 493.22 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 493.22 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 493.22.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 493.22: 2014 2015.
- Acute exacerbation of asthma w COPD
- Acute exacerbation of chronic asthmatic bronchitis
- Acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive airways disease with asthma
- Asthma flare, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Asthma W COPD, W acute exacerbation
- Asthmatic bronchitis, chronic with acute exacerbation
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM J44.1 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with (acute) exacerbation