2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 456.21
Esophageal varices in diseases classified elsewhere, without mention of bleeding
- Short description: Esoph varice oth dis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 456.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 456.21 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 456.21.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 456.21: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM I85.10 Secondary esophageal varices without bleeding
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 456.21
- Varix (lower extremity) (ruptured) 454.9
- esophagus (ulcerated) 456.1