Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Circulatory System 390-459 > Diseases Of Arteries, Arterioles, And Capillaries 440-449 > Polyarteritis nodosa and allied conditions 446-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 446.7
- ICD-9-CM 446.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 446.7.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 446.7: 2014.
- A chronic inflammatory process that affects the aorta and its primary branches, such as the brachiocephalic artery (brachiocephalic trunk) and carotid arteries. It results in progressive arterial stenosis, occlusion, and aneurysm formation. The pulse in the arm is hard to detect. Patients with aortitis syndrome often exhibit retinopathy.
- A large vessel vasculitis affecting the aorta and its branches. It usually affects young females. It causes vascular obstruction, resulting in asymmetric pulses.
- Aortic arch arteritis
- Pulseless disease
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 446.7:
- Arteritis 447.6
- aortic arch 446.7
- brachiocephalica 446.7
- branchial 446.7
- obliterans - see also Arteriosclerosis
- subclaviocarotica 446.7
- young female, syndrome 446.7
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- pulseless 446.7
- Takayasu's (pulseless) 446.7
- Martorell-Fabre syndrome (pulseless disease) 446.7
- abdominal aorta 446.7
- ascending aorta 446.7
- supra-aortic branches 446.7
- Pulseless disease 446.7
- Raeder-Harbitz syndrome (pulseless disease) 446.7
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- arcus aortae 446.7
- arteritis, young female (obliterative brachiocephalic) 446.7
- Martorell-Fabré (pulseless disease) 446.7
- pulseless 446.7
- Raeder-Harbitz (pulseless disease) 446.7
- subclavian-carotid obstruction (chronic) 446.7
- Takayasu (-Onishi) (pulseless disease) 446.7
- Takayasu (-Onishi) disease or syndrome (pulseless disease) 446.7
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 446.7 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.